Terms and Conditions
"ican" is an initiative by the Adani Group to partner with the young and innovative minds of the country to shape ground-breaking ideas into impactful innovations that can benefit the entire world.
General Terms and Conditions
1. The General Terms and Conditions of ican also apply to acceptance and rejection of submitted ideas/entries , by submitting your idea you agree to these conditions.
2. Procedure to participate in the ican Contest
How your school can participate in iCan Competition?
- Indian students can participate individually or in teams under below category:
Junior (for students of Class VII-Class IX) and Senior (for students of Class X-Class XII).
- To participate in the competition, you need to do the following:
CONSTITUTE an ECO-TEAM of like-minded students and teachers. If your school is participating both junior and senior categories, then you need to set up individual Eco-teams—one for junior category and one for senior category. One school can have multiple entries and can have any number of students with the sole condition that each team must have at least one teacher.
3. Competition levels
The interested Participant needs to visit the website (https://iCan.adani.com) ("Website") for registering their credential/contact information in the Contest. To be eligible one must be a School student pursuing full time schooling between 3 to 12th grade. The interested Participant may click on the “Submit your idea” button to access the Registration Application. All of the applications will then be forwarded to the screening panel for the screening and the organizer may ask for some of the detailed inputs to be filled by the applicant for screening purpose. The applicant shall be required to complete the detailed inputs form as mentioned in the instructions, if it is likely to be shortlisted for the regional pitching rounds.
All Applications shall be evaluated by a selection panel during the screening process and may ask for some of the detailed inputs to be filled by the applicant for screening purpose. The selection panel will evaluate the applications, based on the following criteria:
- The novelty of the idea/product
- Commercial feasibility and potential
- Current stage of Startup / Idea
- Profile of the applicant
- Sector focus of the current edition
- Impact of idea on surrounding community and the world at large in reducing greenhouse gases
Based on the decision of the selection panel, successful applications will be selected for the next level of the Contest (“Contestants”). The decision of the Adani Group Jury panel will be final and binding on all the Contestants.
Your Eco-Group will be invited to develop a detailed slide pack of your project which you would present before the jury. The jury may ask probing questions focussed on project feasibility, its financials, cost-benefit analysis, the technical and material support required for execution, the approvals or clearances (if any) required from local authorities and any other aspect critical to project’s successful implementation. So your team must think-through every aspect of the project before it makes it presentation before the jury. If your team’s presentation is selected, you’ll be move on to the final stage. Please do keep in mind the onus of developing and executing the project lies with the school.
Level 4Shortlisted students from previous rounds may be asked by the jury for additional paper work, documentation, and additional information from the semi-finalists to identity projects that are well- planned and are ready to go. Finally on the basis of a well-defined criterion the jury will pick the winners.
4. The idea must be original, unpublished work that does not contain any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or violates a third party’s intellectual property rights.
5. At all times the judging panel will reserve the right to disqualify contestants who violate the rules or interferes with this Contest in any manner. If an contestant is disqualified, we reserve the right to terminate that applicant’s eligibility to participate in this Contest.
6. The decision of the judging panel will be final binding on all the contestants ( participants)
7. We are not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Contest website or any late, lost, misdirected, undeliverable applications due to system errors or malfunctions.
8. If for any reason whatsoever the Contest is not capable of running as planned, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
9. You agree to exclusive jurisdiction of courts of Ahmedabad, Gujarat.